You might think that sex is a simple physical act. That’s true. Still, your sex life is not just dependent on the different positions you can do, or how long you will last in bed, or your ability to make a woman orgasm. Believe it or not, sex is something deeper and highly dependent on your sexual wellness.
Yes, there is a thing called sexual wellness and it could make or break your sex life. The challenge now is how to boost your sexual wellness and make sure your sex life is in tiptop shape.
Here are 16 tips on how to increase your sexual wellness:
1. Getting Up Close and Personal with Sexual Wellness
Before you know the many ways on how to boost your sexual wellness, you need to understand what this concept is all about.
Sexual wellness definition states that it is a state of mind and body that allows you to explore and enjoy sex in your own time and own terms. It is about being comfortable with yourself, your partner, and the decisions you will make inside the bedroom.
Aside from being comfortable with the deed itself, sexual wellness is also about your active participation in the process to help you improve your sexual health. It is a combination of physical, emotional, social, psychological and interpersonal elements all working together to make sure that you are sexually healthy.
Here’s the challenge: finding the right techniques that will promote your sexual well being. Don’t worry. You will learn more about this in the succeeding sections.
2. The Importance of Getting to Know Yourself a Little Bit Better
How much do you know about yourself? If you want to give your overall sex life a boost, you need to understand yourself deeper to the core.
There are many tricks and sexual wellness products that could help improve your sex life and sexual health. Before you try these products, it is important that you know, understand, and accept yourself and your body. This will make it easier for you to understand your needs and wants inside the bedroom. At the same time, you will be able to explore your fantasies with comfort because you are at ease with yourself.
Start by exploring your body through self-stimulation. Fantasize how you want to be touched and the strokes you prefer. Learn to explore your fantasies and write a checklist of what you want to do. The more you know yourself, the better your sex life will be.
3. Learn to Expand Your Views of Sexuality to Better Understand Your Sexual Well being
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary has defined sexuality as the sexual habits, expressions and desires of a person. More often than not, you have your own set of preferences and requirements inside the bedroom for a more fulfilling sex life.
Here’s the thing: if you want to boost your overall sex life, you need to start thinking out of the box and explore your options.
Below are tricks on how to expand your views of sexuality:
- Masturbate slowly to allow yourself to savor the pleasure.
- Fantasize while you masturbate.
- Touch your body and pay attention to how it will react. Don’t forget to take note what feels good or not.
- Say yes or no when you want to.
- Consider having a sexual experience with your partner sans penetration. This means exploring each other’s bodies and finding out what works.
- Breathe consciously during sex.
- Keep communication lines open with your partner by discussing about sex, fantasies, and anything that could boost your sex life.
4. Don’t Underestimate Your Self-Confidence and Take Care of Your Body
Between men and women, women are most likely to care about how they look inside out. Adopt that attitude and start paying attention to our look and take care of your body.
The formula is simple: exercise regularly, watch what you eat, get enough sleep, and beat stress. Try new things, visit new places, laugh more, go out with friends, and enjoy alone time every now and then. Play sports, try new hobbies, rediscover old passion, make new friends, and rekindle old friendships.
Once you start looking good, it often translates to feeling good, which could boost your confidence and self-esteem. As a result, this could improve your sexual satisfaction.
5. Nobody’s Perfect: Acknowledge and Address Any Sexual Issues
At one point in your life, you experienced difficulty in getting or maintaining an erection, getting an orgasm, or zero libido. That’s fine. After all, there are approximately 18 million men in the United States who are affected by erectile dysfunction. Unfortunately, you refused to talk about it or address the issue out of shame or embarrassment.
Here is something you should remember: you are not alone. Sexual issues are common and help in available.
The American Sexual Health Association reported that 64 percent of people believe that their sex life and sexual health are correlated with their overall satisfaction in life. This means if you want to bring sexual wellness back in your life, you need to start acknowledging, accepting, and addressing any sexual health issues you are experiencing. This will avoid further complications in the future, as well.
6. Know Your Vitamins to Give Your Sexual Health a Boost
There are two kinds of food: good food and bad food. Between the two, you know which one is the right supply for your body. Good food not only keeps you healthy and makes sure that your weight is right for your body but also supplies the essential vitamins to make sure that your health and body are in their best state.
The question now is what type of vitamins you should take to make sure that your body is in tiptop shape.
Here’s what your body needs in terms of vitamins:
- Vitamin C – This immune booster also helps increase blood flow by opening up the arteries to make it easier for you to achieve erection. Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges, strawberries, potatoes, and peppers are good choices of this vitamin.
- Vitamin B12 – When it comes to taking care of nerves and blood cells, this vitamin deserves the spotlight. It also boosts sperm production and eventually, male fertility. You can get this from liver, lamb, sardines, beef, and clams.
- Vitamin B3 – Also called niacin, this vitamin helps in making sex hormones and improving your blood circulation, which is helpful during sex. Boost your niacin by drinking milk, eating beets, and adding red meat occasionally in your diet.
- Vitamin B9 – You might recognize this as folate or folic acid, which is important in reducing abnormal sperm. Get your dose of folate from peas, avocado, asparagus, papaya, bananas and cantaloupe.
These are just few of the many things you can do to attain sexual wellness and happiness. Keep reading to find out how else you can boost your overall sex life.
7. Meet the Doctor: Another Tip You Shouldn’t Miss to Boost Sexual Wellness
Admit it. Every time you experience something unusual down south, you tend to check Google, type in your symptoms, and look for a condition that hits the bull’s eye. You scroll down for treatment and tend to treat yourself based on what you read. This is probably because you don’t want to go to the doctor for various reasons.
Here’s the thing: you might be wrong. There is also a possibility that you might be providing the wrong treatment, which could only make things worse.
This is why it is important to have a doctor who could help you every step of the way. Choose someone you are comfortable with, so you can discuss every aspect of your health. It is crucial that you disclose everything, so your doctor can make a proper diagnosis and find a solution that could address any condition.
Don’t be afraid, ashamed, or embarrassed. A doctor is there to help, so make sure you schedule that trip as soon as possible.
8. Don’t be Ashamed: About Seeking Help from a Sexual Wellness Center
Sometimes, your diminishing sex drive is not just a physical or vascular issue. Believe it or not, your mental pr psychological state could also be a factor as to why you are not in the mood.
This is where sexual wellness center comes in.
Sexual wellness centers are facilities that provide individuals or couples sex therapy to address sexual disorders as a result of physical or emotional reasons, or even both. It is a series of sessions that focuses on addressing specific sexual concerns in order to help you get your groove and rhythm back in the bedroom.
Every sex therapist has different approach on how to carry out the sex therapy session. Nonetheless, it is important to choose wisely and find someone you are comfortable with in discussing your issues. This will make it easier for you to open up and eventually find favorable solutions to your issues inside the bedroom.
9. Sexual Nutrition: An Important Factor in Boosting Your Sexual Health and Wellness
You know that nutrition is crucial not just in boosting your sexual health but also your overall body condition. Consequently, your diet affects your testosterone levels, which means the healthier you eat, the healthier your T will be.
What’s the point? Eat healthy and add variety of healthy foods in your diet. This includes:
- Omega-3, which you can get from fatty fishes like salmon, trout, mackerel, and tuna.
- Yogurt, which provides probiotics and protein, too.
- Zinc from crabs, lobsters, oysters and raw milk.
- Leafy greens like spinach, kale, lettuce and broccoli.
- Grass-fed lean meats for amino acids and protein.
- Healthy oils from olives, coconuts and avocados.
Add these foods in your daily diet and you are on the road for the healthier you. Apparently, sexual nutrition cannot do it alone. Read the succeeding sections to find out its best friends towards attaining sexual wellness.
10. Get Fit and Healthy to Improve Your Sexual Wellness and Virility
Aside from getting ample nutrition, how active you are – outside the bedroom, that is – can also help in improving your sexual wellness.
What does this mean?
Physical activities play a crucial role in your overall sexual health. By physical activity, this means engaging in cardiovascular and strength training exercises.
Strength training helps you build muscles and at the same time, effective in boosting your testosterone levels. On the other hand, cardiovascular exercises such as aerobic routines raise your heart rate, get rid of blockages in your nerve and arteries that hinder proper blood flow, and keep your heart and blood vessels in shape. This could lead to better and stronger erections and at the same time, helps you last longer in bed.
Jogging or running is a good place to start. If you are into sports, go ahead and play again. Strength training exercises like squats, pushups, lunges and lifting weights must also be included in your routine.
It doesn’t matter what sexual fitness exercise you choose, as long as you enjoy doing it and it gets your heart pumping and your body working, which leads you to the next tip.
11. Lose the Flab and Get Your Groove Back in Bed
A recent study confirmed that men with bigger bellies are better lovers. This is because they last longer in bed, a characteristic most women are happy about. Does this mean you should eat a lot and worry less about your weight?
Not necessarily, especially if you are thinking long term.
Excess weight could negatively affect the quality of your testosterone levels. This could also take a toll in your sex drive and erection capabilities. If you want to keep your man down south up and running, then make sure to keep your weight in a desirable level, which is proportionate to your height.
Don’t forget to take note of the tips above to maintain your sexual wellness.
12. Say Goodbye to Stress to Bring Back Sexual Wellness
There are many ways to define stress, but one thing is for sure: it is your bodily response to environmental demands and pressures. Unfortunately, stress could lead to many negative things including hormonal imbalances, exhaustion, and even lack of sex drive. Aside from this, stress reduces the hormone ginadotropin-inhibiting hormones, which could lead reduced testosterone levels.
Still, this doesn’t mean you should let stress take over your system. There are many ways on how to address stress and prevent it from messing up with your sex drive and life. The first step is identifying your stressors and finding out what causes your stress.
Once you identified your stressors, here are some things you can do to kick stress out of your system:
- Reduce repetitive and stressful situations in your life.
- Learn to say no, especially when there is too much going on already.
- Adopt meditating techniques to help you relax and de-stress.
- Take a break, whether it’s for 10 minutes or a month. This will help you recharge and more able to stress the challenges awaiting you.
- It will always be the best medicine.
Once you are able to manage stress and suppress cortisol from taking over your body, slowly, your libido and improved sexual wellness will follow.
13. Understanding the Connection Between Sexual Wellness and Sleep
Do you get at least six to eight hours of sleep every night? If yes, then you are in the right track. Otherwise, you need to catch up with sleep since your sexual health is most likely to suffer.
You might ask how.
Your testosterone level is at its peak during your sleep. At the same time, your body goes through repair and maintenance for all cells and tissues, including what’s down there. This is the reason why you experience erection during the rapid eye movement or REM phase, although you won’t notice it.
Once you reach the REM phase, your blood vessels also widen, thereby increasing the blood flow and oxygen down south. This could be crucial in boosting your penile health.
The bottom line is to get enough sleep. Check out these tips to help you sleep better:
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday, including weekends.
- Avoid big meals at least three hours before your scheduled sleep.
- Avoid any forms of distraction inside the bedroom such as pets, work and television.
- Establish a sleeping routine like reading a book, listening to music, taking a warm bath, or even drinking warm milk.
A week of good sleep will surely get your sexual mood up and running.
14. Keep Your Mental Health in Check to Ensure Sexual Wellness
You might think that depression, fatigue, or anxiety is only for women. Believe it or not, even men, including you could experience mental issues too. You may not notice it, but these mental health issues could take a toll in your sexual wellness.
Here’s the truth: Your mental health is crucial in boosting your sexual well being. In fact, issues such as depression and anxiety could affect your mood and even libido inside the bedroom.
What should you do? Don’t underestimate mental health issues and dismiss them as a woman thing. Seek professional help and get treatment as soon as possible to avoid further complications. Don’t wait for your mental issues to get worse since the earlier you get treatment, the easier it is for you to get your sexual wellness back.
15. Use It or Lose It: The Importance of Having Sex Regularly
How many times have you heard the phrase, “Use it or lose it?” It may sound cliché, but this could be true.
This is because having sex regularly can help improve your virility. The reason is that sex comes with tons of health benefits, such as relieving pain and helping you lose a few pounds. That’s not all. The more you have sex, the more you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A boost in your fertility.
- Lowering of your blood pressure.
- Reducing your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Making you look younger than your age.
- Prolonging your life span.
- Increasing the supply of immunoglobulin, a type of antibody that protects yourself against flu and common colds.
What’s the point? Have sex regularly. There is no exact number that will define how many times you should do it, but the more often you have sex, the better your chances of improving your sexual well being and wellness.
16. Your Partner Matters: A Better Relationship Equates to a Better Sex Life
Sex is a give and take relationship. This means you give and receive something to make the experience more meaningful and more pleasurable. To make sure this happens, it is important that you establish a good relationship with your partner.
How will you do this?
Keep the lines of communication wide open. Find out what she likes, the things that turn her on, her pleasure points, fantasies and needs inside the bedroom, and everything that keeps her happy, even if it entails buying adult toys and products from sexual wellness in India. At the same time, ask her about things that could tick her off and make sure to take note of it.
Make sure to share yours too, so you could have a better relationship in and out of the bedroom. The more you establish good communication, the better your relationship will be, which will surely boost sexual wellness.
Above all these tips, here is something you should remember: feel good about your sexuality. When you feel good about yourself and coupled with the tips mentioned above, sexual wellness comes after.